Saturday, December 27, 2008

beautiful day

Yesterday, Lindy and Carrie accompanied me to buy my wedding dress (yep!). I didn't really need their help picking/purchasing the dress, but I did want them to see it. More than that, though, I wanted them to try on bridesmaid dresses. Mom has wanted to make them from Day 1, but we figured that if we found something off the rack that fit everyone, why go to that trouble? Unfortunately, since Carrie is six feet tall (believe it), everything that looking amazing on petite Lindy made Carrie look like she was wearing her clothes from junior high school. We didn't take many pictures, but here are a few:We all really wanted this dress to look great, because the style is so fabulous but.... obviously it was not a winner. Plus, in this color Carrie kind of looks like an ear of corn.

Lindy needed to see how the dress looked next to a tux before she made a decision. Winner! (but not in brown, obviously)

However, the dress was too short for Carrie and the store does not make it in a "long," so we came home and started combing through patterns. Thank you Vogue! We'll fit the girls for the center dress and hem it at the knee.

The next job, of course, was to find fabric. Mom and I headed into San Francisco this morning to shop at Britex. I was in fabric heaven!


We ended up with a gorgeous silk dupioni in eggplant (the picture does not do it justice). So much prettier than the brushed cotton dress from the bridal store.


Plus something pretty for me too:


While in the city, we walked through the Flower Mart, since we are going to do our own flowers too and stopped in Fantastico, where I found all kinds of tacky bridal accessories:

Bachelorette on the loose!


Tomorrow we are going to visit the Seymour Marine Discovery Center at Long Marine Laboratory in Santa Cruz and will then have to visit the Holbrook Palmer Park in Atherton and make the big venue decison. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

No comments: