Wednesday, December 17, 2008

engagement time!

With the busy-ness and excitement that the last few weeks of school brings, I sort of forgot about this blog. Oops.

Oh yeah, and I got engaged.

For real.

Over Thanksgiving holiday, Brian and I visited both sets of parents. He asked my dad for permission to marry me. My dad cried. Not once, not twice, but three times. It was adorable. When we went to Santa Cruz to hang with the Ellis family, Brian took me down to the beach. We walked past a dead seal (very romantic!), he recited a haiku he wrote for me (yep), then got down on one knee (I said, "Seriously? Do you have to do that?") and gave me my ring. It was not terribly surprising, since, you know, I was there when we bought the ring and when he talked to Pops. What was surprising? Alex and Erica hiding behind an umbrella taking pictures of the whole proposal!


We then got an impromptu photo shoot. Here are but a sampling of the 250 pictures Alex took (most of which feature at least one of us with our eyes all squinty, or me doing my ridiculous open mouth-closed eye laugh. Look out, wedding photogs, you've got a difficult couple on your hands...):


Consider this blog officially back in action, especially since Brian has limited patience for wedding-talk, since he just started a new job. And since it's only taken me.... 3 weeks to blog about the actual engagement, I'm sure this will just be a hot-bed of wedding planning updates!

No comments: