Saturday, December 27, 2008

invites and STDs

We have been getting so much accomplished! I have always sort of turned up my nose regarding wedding planning because it seemed so frivolous and unneccessary, but I've actually been having a lot of fun.

Let's talk stationary. I think it's pretty ridiculous to pay 100s of dollars for paper, so I have known from the beginning that I would be designing and printing my own invitation suite. My mom recieved a gorgeous new printer for Christmas, so we have been itching to do some fun printing. When I came home from Sacramento, my mom and I went into Michaels looking for a fern or orchid stamp to use as a general motif to guide our design process and came out with DIY wedding stationary kits - everything we need for invites, response cards, and save the dates for under $50! We are using the Anna Griffin Wedding Studio Invitation Kit in green:We have also ordered two beautiful stamps from Stampin' Up and ink pads in kiwi to adorn the stationary:

Today I have been working on designing the save the dates (have you noticed how on all the wedding blogs, they shorten "save the dates" to "STDs?" Maybe it's just because I work with hormonally-driven teenagers, but that just really makes me uncomfortable...). I was originally going to just do a basic text save the date with the stamp as decoration, but then I started getting creative. Here is the leading design this evening:

After we print them, we will then circle the number 25 by hand in ink.

Next up, bridesmaid dresses!

No comments: